Thursday, September 6, 2012

What's happening in Public Speaking?

    Well, Public Speaking...where do I begin? Public Speaking is NOT my thing. I hate to speak in front of a bunch of people and I get so nervous I forget what I'm supposed to be saying. Mr.Paul is a great teacher but I just hate even the thought of Public Speaking. We actually have to memorize 2 minutes of a speach from a famous American and say it today!! (9-5-12) I am very scared but I am going to try really hard to do a great job on it. Well, my speech actually was crappy and I embarresed myself in front of the entire class! As soon as I walked up to the front of the class all of my speech except for the first two sentences left my brain; when I got to the third sentence I said, "Um...umm" and forgot it.
     I am going to try hard to not get so scared and nervous when I do speeches because it does nothing but make me forget what I am going to say. If anyone has any tips for me, please let me know.


Public speaking is scary but you can do it!!
       When I am in public speaking and we have to do a speech like the Famous American speech, I get butterflies in my stomach, my heart pounds, and my hands shake. I wonder why people like me get so scared when we even hear the words public speaking? But we are only human so I guess it kinda makes sense that we automatically get scared. I believe that if we try really hard and just focus on what we are saying then we won't get so frightened. I did horrible AGAIN!!! I ended up embarrassing myself again and messing up. 








No comments:

Post a Comment